Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Change Is Gonna Come

I am mother to four of the most wonderful, handsome, talented, and charming boys. I am immensely proud of all of them. Yesterday, we received news that will turn our household upside down. We are about to have a daughter. I was really excited to begin with, then the realization hit me. What on earth am I going to do with a girl? Matt and Joey are very happy as they were the only ones with a preference. Seth doesn't care what it is as long as it is green. I think that is his favorite color right now. Having been duped by ultrasound in the past, Matt asked the tech if she was sure or if she just didn't see any boy parts. She assured him she was sure, that she was definitely looking at girl parts. We even have a close-up of said parts that are labeled for our own peace of mind. I have been the queen of this family for a really long time, do I have to give up the crown or just share?

6 comments:

Bill & Susan said...

You will remain the Queen for as long as you wish. You have 4 Prince's to raise and you and Matt have done a fantastic job of it. Now you will have a Princess to raise. No matter what changes will come the Queen gets to decide if and when the Crown will be passed along. I do have to say that I feel sorry for the 1st boy that breaks her heart, with 4 big bothers, life could get alittle rough.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for yall!!! Those boys aren't going to know what to do with her!! You just remember, from one queen to another, she will be the one and only princess in your house. You can not be dethroned!!! Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

I am over the moon happy for you guys! Yeah....
Love you, Court and Mark

The Gardner Gang said...

If you have to give up your crown (which I don't think you will) you will be more than happy to do so. I am so excited for you guys. I will help any way I can. Not sure I know any more than you though.
H

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Congrats! Now you will get my favorite comment! "Kept on trying till you got your girl!" I have to say "no, the Lord knew the desires of my heart!" You will always be the queen, the daughters are the princesses!!
Charlene Moskos

Anonymous said...

All I can say is you will always be the queen. I love each one of you. But she will be the "princess". Best of luck to all. In Him Nancy