Friday, May 9, 2008

Mothers Day Extravaganza

Sunday is Mothers Day. I have been informed by the testosterone squad that we will have an "extravaganza weekend." I used to do this for Matt for birthdays and Fathers Day just so we could have an excuse to go go go the whole weekend with no cooking or dishes for me to do. I know it sounds selfish but I admit I am flawed. Mothers Day is a new thing around the Beam family. We used to spend the weekend catering to our own mothers so that there was no energy or money left for me. Ever since we moved to SC, I have had a holiday all my own. We still do things for our mothers, but the focus of the holiday is now all mine!!! I know, I know, that sounds selfish too, but hey, I already said I had faults. The boys have been asking what I want for a gift, the only thing I could think of is the video game, Rock Band. I immediately achieved the coolest mom on the planet status, but alas, there are selfish motives for this too. I look at it as an activity that they will all want to participate in with me, and it is a game that does not include guns. I am sure you now think that I am the most devious person alive, I prefer to think of myself as an opportunist with love. The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world. Rock On Mothers of the World!!! Happy Mothers Day To You All!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

etThank you Kathy! I have now been informed that I might like a Les Paul guitar for Mother's Day. LOL.
Seriously, I think you are a great mom, and I'm thankful to have you as a friend.
Love ya,
Janet

The Gardner Gang said...

Way to go Beam boys. Thats the way it should be I have spent the last seven mother's days feeling guilty that I feel bad about sharing my day with my Maw and Maw-in-law. I love them both dearly and feel the need to honor them but I feel kind of shoved aside. Anyway. A Kathy holiday is what it should be. Rock on Sister Friend.
H

Bill & Susan said...

Enjoy! All you Moms and Step-Moms deserve to have your day.