Wednesday, August 20, 2008

School Daze

Today is the official first day of the 2008-2009 school year for the Beam Christian Academy. We have a 1st grader, a 7th grader and a 10th grader. I am NOT old enough to have a child that old. He will be 15 in a few short weeks. I still remember waiting for my 15th birthday. I have high hopes and big plans for this school year, I can only pray that it all goes well. Seth is still in the preschool stage but I think we may be able to have him reading within the year. Joe has made improvements by leaps and bounds already. He has been reading the "Spiderwick Chronicles" today. He is almost finished with book 1 and it is at least a 3rd or 4th grade level book. On to more ridiculous topics, I am still the beached whale. Josh heard about the baby whale in Sydney that has lost its mother and was trying to bond with a sailboat and told me I should go and get it, it misses me. Humor in a teenager leaves something to be desired. I'll remember this if he ever needs a babysitter when he has children.

1 comment:

The Gardner Gang said...

Congrats to the Beam scholors and the teacher. Glad to hear that all is going well. We went to orientation today and everything looks good. Katie has some old friends in her class and Emma seems to have a good teacher. OH and Paige and Katie are in the same class...
H
It had to happen at some point right? :|