Sunday, April 13, 2008

Bathtub Battle Smackdown

Sunday night at the Beam home is something of a mini vacation. The big boys and Daddy are at youth group, and dinner is a free for all. What this means is that whatever you see that appeals to you, you can have it for dinner. Which, in the case of David, means cake if it is present. We also get a break from the ritual of nightly baths(unless there has been a mud war). Joey and Seth usually ask for a play bath anyway. That means that they want to soak and play in a tub full of warm water, the longer the better. You know that toys are involved, I mean hey, what fun are bubbles if there isn't anyone to swim in them? Tonight was a Star Wars epic battle. The clone troopers went in along with some transformers and I think a dinosaur got in there too. I stepped out of the room for a few minutes and ran back when I heard what sounded like the death knell going off. Joey just looked at me and said calmly, "War is loud Mom." I did ask what all the noise was about. Ask a silly question and all that. Everyone made it out safely and there were no battle wounds to be found.

4 comments:

Andy Gill said...

"War is loud." Sometimes the little ones say the most profounds things without even knowing it! Wow. :)

AG

Anonymous said...

Once again, you make me smile and laugh out loud. Love you woman! We need to have dinner soon. I miss seeing you and can't wait to see you "baby tummy".
Love ya, Courtney

The Gardner Gang said...

I'll bring my boys down and throw them in your great big tub with your boys. They love to have wars also. I usualy feel successful if they don't soke the bathroom floor. Usualy I am NOT successful. Boys sure are fun.
H

The Gardner Gang said...

I'll bring my boys down and throw them in your great big tub with your boys. They love to have wars also. I usualy feel successful if they don't soke the bathroom floor. Usualy I am NOT successful. Boys sure are fun.
H