Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sweet Sweet Day

I have been craving a certain type of candy. I can't find it in the store, so Matt told me to look it up on the internet. I found what I was looking for but had to purchase it in bulk. My wonderful, miserly husband told me to get the minimum amount and he would be okay with that. Today the UPS man brought 144 lollipops to our house! I think that from the eyes of a 2 year-old it seemed like Christmas. He actually told my mom on the phone a little later that it was his "birfday". I think that I would really like to look at life with the same kind of joy Seth sees. Just imagine, he was having a pretty good day already, I had provided beef jerky (which he calls meat jerky) there were cookies in the cookie jar, the milk was flowing, and he had just had an awesomely long nap. The doorbell rings, and there on his doorstep was a carton of candy. I think I need to be thankful for the blessings of everyday life that I sometimes take for granted. I woke up today, safe in the knowledge that I belong to Him. I have an amazing husband and am blessed with these 4 terrific boys. I have another baby on the way to add to the happy mix. I have friends and family who love me even thought they know I'm a nut. To top it all off, I have 144 lollipops!!!!! Life is great!!!!

3 comments:

Bill & Susan said...

I don't know,, that is going to be hard to top. You may have reached your pick at a very young age. Oh well am sure there is always other opportunities. Susan and I just hope we are around to watch it happen.

Bill & Susan said...

PEAK

Anonymous said...

Life is good 144 lolliepops. I just don't know who is happier you or Seth. You go girl. I love you bunches. In Him Nancy