Friday, June 6, 2008

Going, Going, Gone!!!!

Thursday night was the last game of David's rec ball season. It was really a make-up game that we had to finish. I was really kind of dreading it because the weather was so hot. We only had about 40 minutes left to play and were doing very well. David came up to bat and took two swings at nothing pitches. As I watched, he swung easily at an inside fast ball and made contact. The ball soared over the fence and into the adjacent field. I started crying and watched my boy round the bases. He had the biggest grin on his face, I don't even know how he could see where he was going. His team came out of the dugout to congratulate him. The pitcher (who is a friend of his) and the opposing coach came to the plate to congratulate him as well. The umpire even smacked his bottom and told him "Way to go David!" He made the All-Star team for this summer. I guess we'll be playing ball a while longer. I don't mean for this to be a side note or anything, but I have some more bragging to do. My oldest son Josh completed his 9th grade school year a full week early. He could have finished almost a month early but decided to take it easy and work for an hour or two every day. He of course made all A's with little or no effort. I am so proud of him and his performance. He has been looking to the future and is setting some high and also realistic goals for himself. Not only is he thinking about college and his major, he is also considering how to pay for it. Tell me, what 14 year-old boy thinks that far ahead? My cup runneth over and I am truly blessed!!!

4 comments:

Bill & Susan said...

Watching one son hit his 1st homerun at his ballgame and having another hit a homerun getting his school work turned in early. What a week you have had. Susan and I feel truly blessed that we can have be a small part of your life.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to David for the big home run and to Josh for such a big achievement!

Also, if the Bryants find out that its our turn for a boy, then you will have a lot of pink coming your way...we've got to make sure she wears it all at least once!

The Gardner Gang said...

WOW way to go David. I so wish I could have been there. I can see it all in my head and I know the grin. Thats why Jeff has always called him Smiley. Oh and about Josh another way to go. Such brains and tallent and beauty uh hansomness in one family.
Oh and by the way the 14 year old who would consider cost is Matt's son, as I very much expect Andy's children to do the same thing.
We are excited and proud to see what the boys acheive in the future. I will always say "I knew them when..."
H

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Kathy it is Whitney. I miss you and the bunch. Congratulate David and Josh for me. I miss you so much and everybody else. I feel kind of bad because David hit a homeroom before I did, but I have to give him a good job. That is pretty cool.
I miss you, Seth, Joey, Mr. Matt, David, and Josh so much. Tell them I said hi, and that i miss them. Well I hope to see sometime this summer.
Love ya!!

Whitney Williams