Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Summer Lovin'

My honey and I just had a lovely weekend alone together at the beach. My mother-in-law came down Thursday to stay with the boys, and we left Friday morning. We checked into the hotel early Friday and went out to look at pink baby clothes. I had a hard time choosing because I wanted it all. I told Matt that my goal was for her to never wear the same thing twice. I know, that won't really happen but buying dresses was a lot of fun. We spent the day Saturday out on the beach just reading and soaking up the sun. We went out to a movie that night. I had a great time. We try really hard to take the time every year to spend some time alone to reconnect. We decided early on in our marriage that we didn't want to look at one another when the kids were grown and realize they were all we had in common. It used to be easier to have a twice monthly date night when there were only 1 or 2 children. Now that there are almost 5 it seems a little simpler to condense it all into a weekend once or twice a year. Summer lovin', happened so fast... But oh, those summer nights.....

1 comment:

The Gardner Gang said...

You and Matt do a good thing but gurading your relationship. My Mom and Dad were a lot like you guys in that they were never married without children so they always had us to focus on. I don't think they invested as much in their own relationship so they had trouble when we all moved out. I think they did like what you said looked around with no kids to take care of and wondered what they had in common other than us.
Keep up the good work. I'm looking foward to the day when our kids are older and we can hang out with you guys and travel like we want to.
H