Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I Have Been Replaced

I know, I know, I offered to go on the youth trip. I know, I know, it was wonderful of my mom to come all the way to Charleston to keep the little boys so we could go. I think I now know what the injured quarterback feels like watching the second string guy throw completed pass after completed pass. Mom did such a wonderful job with Joey and Seth that they have asked everyday since she left if she could live with us. Seth tells me 20 times a day that he misses Nannie and asks where she is. Seriously, I am so blessed to have a mom who drops everything in her life to try and help us out or to make things easier for us. She is great with the kids and is just a great mom and grandmother. To really tell you how great she is, she did all of my laundry!!!! For those of you that know my mom, that just ain't her. I am really trying to look into everyday life at all the ordinary stuff and see all the extraordinary blessings that God bestows on me all the time. Thank you Lord that you have blessed all of us with a wonderful Nannie.

2 comments:

Jeremiah Jacob Brown said...

Kathy, no one could replace you! But thank you Grandma for staying with Seth and Joey so that Matt & Kathy could go on the retreat.
Matt & Kathy you guys really did an awesome job and thank you for all your help and your friendship!

The Gardner Gang said...

We love Nannie too. See if you can get her to come do some laundry here. I know the second string feeling I have long known that Katie and Emma would move in with my mom if they got the offer. Thankfuly my boys love me. Two out of four ain't bad.
H