Monday, January 28, 2008

True Love

Have you ever thought about how many times a day we use the word love? I love chocolate, I love these shoes, I love that movie... I have been thinking about the real meaning of the word. Websters defines love as " a deep and tender feeling of affection and attachment to a person or persons." Try as I might, I don't see anything in there about Hersheys or even Keds. We use that word so carelessly, I look into the eyes of my children and see it there. I can feel the love they have for me, from the teenager on down the ranks to the baby. I know what I feel when I think about them and my husband,and shoes don't hold a candle. Now for the part that really blows me away. "For God so LOVED me He gave his only son..." God loves me, He has a deep and tender feeling of affection and attachment for ME!!!!! How cool is that? I am amazed that He can love me even more than I love my boys or they love me. I think Websters should have a new category for that kind of love. True love.

3 comments:

The Gardner Gang said...

That is very true. I will try to be aware of how often I say it from now on. Oh and I love you! :)
H

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing bunch. I am in awe of each of you and love you so much. Nana

Anonymous said...

How wonderful it is that you have learned this while you are so young. Many people don't learn this until they are old, and some never learn it. I love you so very much! Mom