Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Holy Tormado Batman!!




In the immortal words of my six-year-old son, we had a "tormado" incident Saturday night. We were watching the skies and the news when we heard the warning. We were told to prepare for a tornado by getting into a safe room or space. We did all the responsible mom and dad stuff, we cleaned out a downstairs closet, we packed a bag with medications and wallets, we made sure the kids all had shoes on. We were feeling pretty ready for the impending disaster when the weather man suggested putting helmets on the kids. We did just that, being the fine upstanding folks we are. We got in the closet and waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. We finally came out when the air ran out and we all agreed that breathing was better than safety. Matt had the idea to take pictures of us in our "gear". Yes, we ALL had helmets on. Being the mom means never having to post an unflattering photo. Side note, we had some rain but not even a heavy wind. I am pretty sure that I heard someone break wind in the closet though. I'm pretty sure that that would not count with the national weather service.

5 comments:

Christopher Rollins said...

LOL that is funny. I was in a tent at paintball charleston.

Jeremiah Jacob Brown said...

You're such great parents! My mom would have laughed when the weather man said that. By the way I'm pretty sure she let us play outside during times like that...and thus what I did Saturday night. We got the same warning while at Mark & Courtney's. Mark and I went outside to watch!

Miss ya guys and see you soon!

Anonymous said...

That is great!!! Ryan and I sat on the back porch and watched the sky light up along with the all trees really blowing. Whitney, Chandler and Lil Cameron kept running to check on us with flashlights and alittle worried while big Cameron played xbox live....so we are with Jeremiah and Mark and watched it all. Miss you guys. Twila

Anonymous said...

Your blogs almost always make me laugh out loud! We did sit here and watch...it was fun! Don't you know that the Gill's live in Charleston, thus we won't have any major storms while they are still here? So says Miranda! Ha ha...
Miss you and love you...muah!
Courtney

Anonymous said...

HOW FUNNY!! I did not know to don my helmet. We were stuck in the hall with pillows and cards...