Thursday, March 6, 2008

How Cool Is Old School

Matt and I are closet singers. Yes indeed, when we are in the car or in the house, we can rock it out with the best of them. I don't want to brag, but we do have a groove thang goin' on. This has always been a source of contention with our offspring. I should have known that we would have trouble when Josh preferred rocked-out lullabies to real rock music. They usually roll their eyes and ignore us or turn the movies up in the car. I have found myself gaining new respect lately in the wake of guitar hero. My sons will start singing some of the hard stuff that Matt and I love and say "I bet you don't know this song." Well, not only do we know it, we can sing it and tell you what album it was on, half the time I can tell them about seeing them in concert. How great is it when the generation of tomorrow discovers something new? What did we ever do without the Police or Pat Benatar? I for one am thank full to the young ones for introducing us to good music. Puhleeeze!!! Maybe one day I'll find the photos of myself when my sole goal in life was to be a groupie for Poison. I wonder if the big hair, concert t's, and ripped up jeans would scar them for life? Oh well, it would be fun. Come on and hit me with your best shot.... Fire away!

3 comments:

Christopher Rollins said...

ROCK ON Mrs. Kathy.

The Gardner Gang said...

Few people would know what a closet rocker you really are. :) You just don't come across as the 80's junkie I know you to be. You have the amazing ability to stay relavent no matter how much things change. I admire you. Love ya
H

stacyib said...

You are THE Closet Rocker! We're not worthy, we're not worthy!! Now we need to let out the secret of your talent in styling rocker hair...