Monday, March 3, 2008

Honey Time

I spent this past weekend in the company of the man I love so much. Matt and I went to Gatlinburg for an early anniversary trip. We met friends of ours there and had a wonderful time. We used to go on lots of trips with our friends Andy and Heather Gardner, but through the years we have accumulated 8 kids between us. I guess that makes the logistics pretty overwhelming when you think of a couples weekend. Nevertheless, grandparents came to the rescue and we pulled it off. Matt and I don't have an absence makes the heart grow fonder kind of marriage. The more time we spend together, the more we both want. I pray that we will both always feel that way. The boys have come through with no lasting damage from being left, I'm sure the guilt trip will be over any day now. I suppose that if it is hard to find a babysitter for 4 then it will be next to impossible when there are 5! Oh well, we are glad to be home.

3 comments:

The Gardner Gang said...

Kathy,
We had a great time too. If you need someone for five, divide and conquer. I'll be happy to take any or all of them any time you need.
Love ya,
Heather

Andy Gill said...

You guys are the coolest. When I think of a family to model my future "brady bunch" after... you guys always come to mind. After all this baby mayhem ends... we will give you guys a call so we can get together.

AG

Anonymous said...

honey time? im gonna puke.
josh