Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Life Is Not A Butt

Sometimes the choicest bits of wisdom come in the smallest packages. Just the other day, for instance, I was changing Seth's diaper and he laid this bit of truth on me. Let me begin at the beginning. I was changing him and he was singing "Row row row your boat". It was so cute, he sang the merrily part as "Mary, Mary, Mary, Mary" and then the song stopped. I thought that I would be helpful and finished the line for him. "Life is but a dream". He looked at me with his little brows furrowed and said "Mom, life is not a butt." Well, I have to admit, he had me there. I really didn't know how to pull out of that one with grace, so I swallowed the laughter and said yep, you're right. He really is, life is a gift, not a butt. We (me) moan over circumstances when in reality, it is what it is. A dress rehearsal for the real thing in Heaven. I think that Seth is witty and wise and really cute. I just hope he doesn't get too deep for me, I don't dig all that fast.

1 comment:

The Gardner Gang said...

And he is a great singer. I love to hear him sing. I have to catch him at it thought because he dosen't do comand preformances for me. Can't wait to see him and you all again.
Love ya,
H
P.S. Maybe I shouldn't have suggested you start a blog. Oh, you are great at it as I knew you would be, but it makes me miss you more. I feel like Im missing out on Seth and Joey. :/