Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Spoils of War

I told you the other day about the guys going off to war to play airsoft. Well, David brought something back. He charged up a hill and took a direct hit in the face. Matt told him there was a fine line between bravery and stupidity and he had crossed over. I took one look and all I could see was a divet in my childs handsome face. I called this the "spoils of war" because that is how David views it. I see the potential scar and all he can say is cool! Ladies please, if we have a blemish do we not try and cover it? I am trying to slather the kid in neosporin and vitamin e so the scar will be minimal and all he wishes is that the pellet had lodged in there so he could squish it around. I am totally bewildered. The guys really did have a great time though, they played from 9 til 8. I think they have finally gotten over the sore muscles and fatigue. I wonder if they would go on a marathon shopping trip if I let them go armed and called it a battle? Mothers of sons unite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guys love their battle wounds, don't they?! I love hearing all this!! Keep it coming.
DV

The Gardner Gang said...

I know what you mean, both of my sons will let me pick anything out of their nose or ears as long as I admire it with them afterwards. ICK. I know the best is yet to come. Thats why I am glad I have you, a few steps ahead and still sane.
H