Friday, February 22, 2008

My Go-To Guy

Have I mentioned my son David to you lately? Let me begin by telling you about the nickname he has had since he was a tiny boy. David got the name "smiley" from a friend of ours because he smiled constantly. If he was happy, sad, scared whatever, he smiled. That has pretty much been his personality since birth. He is the skinniest of boys, but surprisingly, he was our largest baby. Imagine, a chubby, curly-haired, dark-eyed little baby smiling at you no matter what. I was convinced that life could not get any better. Then David grew up. Now I know that it does. He has turned into the most helpful, thoughtful, and considerate guy. I am so proud of him. He would like for me to say that he is my favorite. He is without a doubt in my top 4. I am completely honest and tell the boys that I do have favorites. The favorite just changes hourly some days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make David sound like the best son in the world there is to have!

From: Your Secret Stalker

The Gardner Gang said...

If I had another son I would want him to be just like David. I remember one time when David was two years old I kept him for the afternoon. He was watching Princess Bride and sword fighting with his Tinker Toy sword. He is as great a guy now as he was then.
Love ya Dave
Aunt Heather