Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Livin' In A Man's World

As a naive girl of 16, what I wouldn't have given to be surrounded by 5 handsome men vying for my attention. As a grown woman who takes care of all those guys, I need some estrogen! I love my guys, but there is only so much excitement I can show over the amount of blood spilled on a video game. I can only admire so many huge poops. I can only stand so much talk of boogers and brains. I think to counteract all this mess, I need a room. Something so girlie that the men in my life would be afraid to enter. I know, a bathroom. With a pink toilet that doesn't even let the seat lift up, a huge pink and lavender polka dotted tub full of pink bubbles. No, pink is not my favorite color, think of it as more of a pest repellant. Maybe the next time the boys start thinking about a war party I can push them into a scrapbooking session. I wonder if waxing our legs would be gross enough for them to pass as a mother-son bonding time? I will end with the soundtrack of my life playing loudly in the background... "Did I shave my legs for this?"

7 comments:

The Gardner Gang said...

Come hang out with me and the little misses we will play with dolls and make up dances for highschool musical songs. I will send all my testostarone to Charleston and you can bring your estrogen here. What do you think?
H

Anonymous said...

That is great Kathy! You really do make my day. Whitney and I would love to help and we know what you mean. You can come hang out with us. Love ya Twila

Carrie said...

I loved reading this! But I am afraid I cannot relate; with 3 little girls in our house it is daddy who is out numbered. I just love having little girls around!! It is always girl time in our house. You are welcome anytime!! Love ya Carrie

Andy Gill said...

Josh could and should shave his legs... :) lol! Great blog.

AG

Mel said...

My sister, Carrie, directed me to this post because she thought I could relate. I have 5 boys but at least I got my girl first.

You are funny and my sister was right, I definetely understand! I love the pink toilet seat idea. Think I'll get me one of them!

Anonymous said...

My mom and I are up for a girls' day anytime! Btw, your blog is awesome.

~Lydia

Danielle said...

I can definately relate. Too funny. Enjoy your time!!
dv